Monday, May 17, 2010

Crystal Bowersox Concert at Ottawa County Fairgrounds, including "Speak Now", "Holy Toledo" and others

Crystal Bowersox, the American Idol Top 3 favorite, visits Toledo, Ohio during her Homecoming visit Friday, May 14, 2010. Crystal gives a very emotional concert at the Ottawa County Fairgrounds with her bassist and friend Frankie May. In recognition of Crystal Bowersox Day, the event was called 'Bowerstock'.

Crystal first performed Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee", the song that showed her fans and the judges on American Idol she 'was in it to win it.' Then, she sang her heartfelt original song "Holy Toledo" with the great line "my dread's are locked, my watch has stopped, my glass half full, my gun half cocked." The song asks "How do I get to Heaven from here?" Crystal told the crowd "And the answer is you guys...Because really the only way to make it to the top on this thing is if you guys are doin it. Because it ain't up to me. It's completely up to you, completely up to you man God Bless you all for carrying me this far, I don't know what else to say. I'm very thankful."

She then opened Alanis Morissette's "Hand in My Pocket" with a great harmonica solo.

Crystal then tells the crowd "We have time for one more...do you want an original or a cover?" The overwhelming response, "ORIGINAL!" Crystal lets outs a mighty "YEA! YEA!" and plays one of her personal favorites, "Speak Now," which she wrote right before moving back to Ohio, when she didn't know where her life was heading.

It's obviously headed in the right direction!


1 comment:

  1. How about singing "Black Water" by the Doobie Brothers? It sounds like your kind of song.

    ReplyDelete